[NTLK] Newbie question re connecting a Newton to NCU 1.0 on Windows XP

From: Dave Rutledge (drutledge4445_at_rogers.com)
Date: Sat Aug 16 2003 - 18:19:11 PDT

Can anyone help a Newbie connect his resurrected Newton 2000 (outfitted with
last firmware upgrade from Apple) to his Windows XP machine? I dug out the
original cables and found NCU 1.0 on www.chuma.org/newton. NCU installed
o.k. and I find I seem to be able to connect my Newton to my PC--but the
connection falters as soon as I try to do anything, like a backup or
whatever. I'm connecting at 9600 baud, set for COM1 in the Control
Panel-->System, in the NCU "Settings", and on the Newton. I'm not a
hardware techy or anything, so don't know what the issues are. I want to be
able to take notes on my Newton--the only PDA that ever recognized my
handwriting with remarkable and useable accuracy.
Any help greatly appreciated . . . Dave
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
(613) 749-4237
drutledge4445_at_rogers.com