Re: [NTLK] word processor question.

From: Karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 07:49:35 PDT

On Monday 18 August 2003 05:10, Woody Smith wrote:
> If you are using a keyboard the SAS Works Better upgrade adds some
> additional features that my son really likes. I think you can get a
> thirty day demo to check it out. I think it adds fonts, columns, word
> count and other features.
> Woody

Not to forget that it has a nifty notes import facility.

When I'm without keyboard, I prefer to write everything up in Notes first,
mainly because Notes has more HWR tuning and correction fiacilities than
Newton Works (even withHWR enabled in Works). When done, Works Better
allows me to seamlessly transfer the note to Works for some final
messi^H^H^H^H^Hformatting.

If your needs are of the more DTP-ish variety, I'm told Availworks might be
worth having a look at.

http://www.pelicanware.com/aw.html

Never used it myself though.

--
Karel Jansens.
Don't send me HTML-based e-mails, my mail program is set up to ignore them.