Re: [NTLK] OT: USB

From: Nathan Turnage (nturnage_at_andadv.com)
Date: Wed Aug 20 2003 - 14:53:56 PDT

Actually, Firewire 800 is the second "stage" of Firewire operating at,
as the name suggests 800Mbps while the lowly USB 2.0 is running at
480Mbps, still second best to Apple.

Oh, and Apple did borrow a bit from Nintendo in the Firewire game. The
connector and wires used were, I believe, the same as Nintendo was using
to link OG Gameboys for head-to-head battles. Apple just made them
suitable for data and power transmission. Kudos to Apple, but while
we're givin' the devil his due, Nintendo did help make it possible.
Hers's to thinking Different(ly).

nT

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html