Re: [NTLK] Newton Press Weird too...

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 20 2003 - 16:03:14 PDT

I don't have any problems with any of the books I
create (I'm up to 56 books so far).
The fonts I use are Espy Sans for titles and New York
for the text. I hate geneva. I find that the lack of
serifs on a small sreen to be too difficult on the
eyes.
Also, I'm using a PC and everyone knows that Newton
Press has a problem with Macs anyway!.
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Andre Garzia <soapdog_at_mac.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, August 19, 2003, at 08:44 AM, Marcus
> Koppenburg wrote:
>

> > On 19 Aug 2003, at 1:54, Andre Garzia wrote:
> >
> >> while it all seems okay in Newton Press, in the
> real machine the=20
> >> text=3D20
> >> overlap the end of the page, the newton shows
> "..." and there's no
> >> Is there a bug in newton press? should I use
> bookmaker?
> >
> > Yes.
> > No - same problem.
> >
> > This is a problem with the font "system". Both
> miscalculate it.
> > Choose one of the other 2 ("New York" & "Geneva"
> IIRC).
> >
> > Marcus
>
> Oh damm.... But I am using Geneva!!!!!
>
> How does everyone makes their newtonbooks so? using
> Espy Sans?
>
> Thanks marcus
>
> Andre

=====
"When any government, or church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, 'This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know', the end result is tyranny and oppression , no matter how holy the motives"
     -Robert Heinlein, Revolt in 2100