Re: [NTLK] WaveLAN Bronze

From: John Ruschmeyer (jruschme_at_comcast.net)
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 06:49:28 PDT

No, that's not true... they are DSSS. The only differences between a Bronze
and a Gold/Silver are speed (2mb (5mb in the Bronze Turbo with a compatible
AP) vs 11mb) and WEP support (no WEP in bronzes).

That said... I know I used a Bronze Turbo with the old beta releases of
Hiroshi's driver. To be honest, I never upgraded to the release version
since it was more of a whim than a useful tool for me at the time.

What I think Ben is thinking of is either the older (900mhz?) WaveLAN or
else the old Proxim Symphony (RangeLan) stuff.

<<<john>>>

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html