Re: [NTLK] advice

From: David Mills (solidsilver_at_ntlworld.com)
Date: Sat Aug 23 2003 - 10:02:10 PDT

Thanks for this,

Out of interest, can I steal the memory module from the 2100 and put it
in the 2000? This would save a meaty purchase from www.pixsolution.com

Also, what I am noticing is that the 2000 performs extremely well
compared to the 2100. I have lots of apps installed on the 2100 and all
my data too, however I have just transferred the important stuff to the
2000 via beam (half my apps and all my data) yet the 2000 seems
quicker. Stuff Im not using on the 2100 is frozen also.

The only other difference between the two are that the 2100 has the
upgraded system OS and an 8MB & 4MB card in each slot. The 2000 is
empty with the normal OS install from the Newton disk. Its strange,
just feels perkier.

Do people recommend a motherboard swap or a memory instal? And remember
if I can cannibalise the 2100 for its memory.

Thanks in advance

Dave

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html