Re: [NTLK] calls application

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sun Aug 24 2003 - 15:25:36 PDT

Il me semble que le 25/08/03 à 0:01 +0200, Roman Pixell nous racontait:
>so, are there any calls available for OS X, would it possible to=20
>implement a sync with the newt? from what i understand, there could be=20=
>
>a straightforward way to extract that info, since it should be of a=20
>very standardised newton format (like all other built-in soups: names,=20=
>
>notes, etc...)

Er. What you want to do is to export data from the Newton, not
synchronize it, isn't it?

In that case, you could mail you the data with SimpleMail. SimpleMail
will create one e-mail per call item, with the text of each call. If
you don't check the text only checkbox, SimpleMail will also send the
Newton specific data and you can then parse the .nwt with the nwt to
XML converter. The XML format will get you the styles if ever you
added any style. The format of ink is not known, though, so unless
you decode it you won't be able to get your ink spots on the Mac with
this method.

To synchronize the data, you would need some way to alter it on the
Mac. Otherwise, it's not really useful.

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/