Re: [NTLK] Swap completed!

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 02:08:02 PDT

I would recommend to get rid of the installed patch and later maybe install
it fresh again.
Unfortunately the only known way to delete patches is to swap the ROM board
(sitting on the logic board).
But this is a piece of cake compared to the swapping of the logic boards.
If you put the ROM board from your 2100 into the MP 2000 it will take quiet
a while to start up but during that time the internal memory will be cleared
COMPLETELY including the patch.
After that you can put the ROM-board back into the 2100.
Do not forget to make a backup of your data before!

Cheers
Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html