Re: [NTLK] MP 120 Problem

From: Andrei Chichak (acpmiedm_at_telusplanet.net)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 14:23:26 PDT

Two things to try;

First, (I'm not sure if this works on 120s but persevere) reset your newt
and then tap and hold on the left edge of the screen while booting. This
should keep the various apps from starting. If it works properly, set the
password to something you know.

Second, back when...since I have been doing this stuff for more than 10
years now (the newts were actually unveiled at the 1993 WWDC)...there used
to be a program floating around the net a while ago that could be loaded
onto a flash card. When inserted, the install script would blast the
password and zoop, you're in. It wouldn't take much effort for those up to
speed to find the soup item that holds the password and write a package.

Your problem would be to get ahold of a pre-written flash card to do the deed.

Andrei

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html