Re: [NTLK] MP 120 Problem

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 23:33:02 PDT

Chances are very rare.
Though the MP120 has a backup battery (button cell) but I am pretty sure
that this is only to keep the RTC running.
But of course you can give it a try:
remove the backup battery as well for a few hours and than try to repower
the Newt.
Since te memory chips are soldered in there is practically no chance to
connect them to any kind of adaptor.
In theory you can go with a keyboard simulator (PC).
In case the keyboard (simulator) is connected prior to switching the Newt on
it should be recognized as an input device.
But the serial protocol between Newt and Kbd needs to be analysed in order
to be simulated using a standard PC serial interface.

Cheers
Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html