Re: [NTLK] Please Talk Me Out of This! - Long Sorry.

From: Dave Rutledge (drutledge4445_at_rogers.com)
Date: Fri Aug 29 2003 - 17:43:36 PDT

I have one of those Pocket PC's perpetually charging on a stand in the
bathroom, while I'm back to using my trusty Newton. Why?
1) The handwriting recognition of my Newton can't be beat, and it's not just
a nice feature for someone
wanting to write extensively
2) Those small little screens are for the birds. Try writing on one for
anything other than entering the
date and time of a meeting--forget it
3) The colour was nice and sexy for the first 3 hours, and then meant
nothing to me, like so many other
material things we get that don't live up to our expectations
4) I like to use my Newton outside and inside. Try looking at the colour
screen of those PDS's
outside on even a dull day. Your face will soon look like an old wrinkled
tangerine trying to see anything
clearly, other than a reflection of the trees and sky. But the good old
Newton is as clear as a bell, in fact is even clearer on a bright day.

I'm holding on for Apple to surprise us one day with a new generation of
Newton that will wipe the slate
clean!