Re: [NTLK] Fund raising and usage for the rest of the money

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sun Aug 31 2003 - 04:24:22 PDT

Excellent job, Woody! Thanks for all the effort you put into it.

As for the 30 bucks that are left over, why not buy 3 small flash
cards and format one with an English, one with a German and one
with a French OS Newton? Then we could install DataRescue and the
Ethernet drivers on each, and if someone has a problem with a
broken Newton of which he wants to rescue the data we could send
him the card that is matching his Newton's locale.

The same way
we could solve people's deadlock regarding the Ethernet driver
installation if no dongle is available. The reason for the locale
thing is that I think the os would notice that the card was
formatted with a different language and ask if the user wants
to update it before it is DataRescue's turn. With, for example,
a broken screen you'd be stuck.

If you want, just buy the cards and send them my way. I could
take over from there, start organizing everything and put up a
page on my site that announces this.

Handling could work somewhat like that:

1) Someone tells me his problem and his Newton's locale
2) I ask him to PayPal the cost of the card plus what
   shipping costs me to my PayPal account
3) When the money arrives, I send the card off
4) Person resolves the problem and sends the card back
5) Once I have it I refund the price of the card.

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html