Re: [NTLK] Courier asking for NHttpLib:40Hz

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Dec 04 2003 - 11:15:59 PST

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 13:35:35 -0800, Paul Curtis wrote:
> Eckhart,
>
> I used to work for Merant, I'll see if I can get a Non-Commercial
> Collage license for you to use. I just remembered, you're probably
> developing on a Mac?! I need to check to see if Collage has been ported
> yet. Let me know what hardware and software you develop on and I'll
> start the process for a free Collage license...

Thanks for the offer Paul! I do indeed work under MacOS X, 10.3 to be
precise. But as it seems, Collage needs J2EE, and I'm pretty sure that
my provider won't have that... it might in addition to that a bit heavy
for my simple tasks.

Managing the 40hz stuff is actually not that bad, it's just that the
level of inconvenience is not great enough yet to do more automation. I
already use On Command which allows me to put scripts into Finder
context menus. Unifying all necessary steps for publishing into one
simple right click would to the trick. But I'll keep your offer in mind
when I start thinking about this the next time.

Eckhart

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html