[NTLK] Connecting my MP2100 to the Internet via ethernet...

From: Clinton Yelvington (cyelving_at_cbu.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 07:05:01 PST

Hello again, list.

I've got a problem with my MP2100. I was given a Farallon EtherWave PC
Card with a special cable that connects to it on one end and the jack
on the other end. My Newt recognizes the card, but for some reason,
when I plug it into a network jack and try to connect, either to send a
SimpleMail or get on Newtscape, I get a message saying that the DHCP
Server is unavailable. I have everything configured properly... what
could I be doing wrong? Oh, and I have one more lead on the problem. I
plugged the Newt directly into my DSL modem and the Ethernet Link light
on the modem didn't light up, but the activity light on the card lights
up.

Is my cable messed up? Do I need to hunt down a dongle? Or is it a
problem with my Newt's configuration?

Thanks in advance,
Clinton Yelvington
PowerBook G4/667/MP2100/eMate 300