Re: [NTLK] Newton Mentioned (Badly) in MacAddict

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 23:54:07 PST

on 12/11/03 11:47 PM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net at newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
wrote:

> I also can't understand why the G4 Cube got added to the list. Does anyone
> know why it was considered a failure?

In my mind, MacAddict's rationale is obvious and simple. If it was a
financial failure that Apple dropped it, then it was a stinker. All of those
mentioned, with the exception of the 5300 were bombs on the market. The only
genuine "stinker" in the batch, according to my perspective is the "Flambé"
book--the 5300. The Newton, unfortunately, contrary to its reality, had a
bad reputation amongst the populace at large, and ended up being dropped
rather unceremoniously. Unfortunately, in many ways, MacAddict was
correct... What surprises me, however, is that there was no mention of
OpenDoc, GX and other failed technologies... :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland