Re: [NTLK] Newton Keyboard Not Working

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sat Dec 13 2003 - 08:41:15 PST

on 12/13/03 2:15 PM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net at newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
wrote:

> From: "Goodwin, Greg" <GoodwinG_at_aafes.com>
>

> I have a Newton that I have tried my keyboard on the SER-001 and with the
> dongle in the regular port. However it is not working with two keyboards. I
> am able to connect to a computer with the Newton serial port, so that is not
> the issue. I hope I don't have two bad Newton keyboards. Is there something
> I am forgetting to get a Newton keyboard to work with a Newton 2x00?

I know I'm suggesting the obvious, but when I first started using the SER
001, I forgot that I need to shut off the Newton and turn it back on for the
newton to recognize the keyboard. With the dongle, this wasn't necessary.
Sometimes I would bang away on the keyboard (gently, of course) trying to
get it to register, before I would sheepishly remember... So, I'm suggesting
this, knowing my own forgetfulness. ;-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland