Re: [NTLK] Card Problem

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sun Dec 14 2003 - 15:53:20 PST

As you insert the card hold the pen about 1/8th down from the top of the
screen (on the right or left side I forget which, although I think it is the
right), and a box will pop up saying something like "do you want to not
install the packages on this card?" (I can't remember exactly been a long
time since I have had to do this). HIt yes and then you can go in to extras
and freeze all the packages and thaw them one by one to see which is the bad
package. When you find out, do a soft reset then while the newton is
restarting, hold the pen in the same spot and again hit yes as you don't
want the packages to be installed (running), then go to extras and delete
the package that caused the problem and restart the newton again.

This should fix it. If you still have problems, just let me know.

-Dan

Date: Sunday, December 14, 2003 6:35 PM
Subject: [NTLK] Card Problem

I had a crash just now while installing some books to my 32 meg
pretec card. Now when I reboot, things hang up on one of the files
located on the card. The Newton boots up fine without the card. I'd
like to freeze the file in question on the card or reinstall it so
that I can go back to work. I can't seem to get the card to complete

Thanks,

Dale

--
"Still defying gravity and steve jobs too!"
Now found at http://newted.dyndns.org/users/dsteele