Re: [NTLK] I connected my MP 130 and installed MPG!

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Tue Dec 16 2003 - 12:39:21 PST

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Curtis <>
Date: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 2:11 PM
Subject: [NTLK] Sweet Jesus! I connected my MP 130 and installed MPG!

>Thank You everyone for tolerating my difficulties getting NCU to work.
>
>What I found...
>
>1. I have to unplug the USB to Serial adapter once booted for XP to see
>it.
>2. Then I have to use 1 slowdown.exe at the slowest setting.
>3. NCU will only work when set to "Serial", not "Serial 9600 - Windows".

Just as a side note, the "Serial" setting is 38 and in order to use serial
9600 or serial 2400 need to have the serial 9600 or serial 2400 package
installed on your newt (they are in the main directory of NCU when you
install it) for it to work. But then that is a catch 22 since you need to
have them on your newt to connect at a slower speed and you can't connect to
your newt to get them there (this is when having a good newt friend that
will put it on a card for you comes in handy). Glad you got it going.

-Dan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html