Re: [NTLK] Where to drill holes for MP2k pack refurbish

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Tue Dec 16 2003 - 15:59:21 PST

> I have taken a peek at the instructions on www.pda-soft.de and I have
one
> question.
>
> Has anyone published the coordinates of the cut lines for the packs? I
have
> 3 to do and I figure I could do better if I had a good idea of where
> drill before I started.

This is how I normally do it (see www.pda-soft.de/mp2k_accu03.jpg to get
an
idea of what I am talking about).

If you look at the pack with the side that goes into the Newton pointing
to the
right and the contacts at the bottom, you will see 5 holes: 3 arranged
vertically at the right side and 2 arranged horizontally at the bottom.

0) Get out you pencil.

1) Draw a horizontal line through the bottom two holes all the way to
   the right end of the pack.

2) Draw a horizontal line (parallel with the one you just drew) through
   the hole at the top right-hand side.

3) Draw a vertical line through the hole at the bottom left-hand side.
Where
   this line intersects with the horizontal line (top left-hand border
of
   the pack) is the place where you should drill your first hole.

4) Imagine a vertical line through the three holes at the right edge of
   the pack. Draw a parallel vertical line about 2 millimeters left of
   it. Where it intersects the two horizontal lines you drew are the
   placed where you should drill your second and third hole.

That's it.

Good luck

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de