Re: [NTLK] Why Isn't Everyone Excited with Eckhart's Bluetooth?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Tue Dec 16 2003 - 23:37:47 PST

on 12/16/03 2:08 PM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net at newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
wrote:

> From: Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk.net>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Why Isn't Everyone Excited with Eckhart's Bluetooth?
>
> Peter H. Coffin wrote:
>> In my case, a complete lack of enthusiasm stems from a complete lack of
>> any bluetooth gear whatsoever. So, regardless of how killer it may be,
>> it won't affect my world for the foreseeable future.
>
> Ditto. Actually, I just discovered the joys of IrDA and beaming things from
> Windows to the Newton using IC/VC. You could say I've just arrived in 1999 :)

Ahhh, IrDA!!! Love it! I use it to beam items from/to my Newton, Nokia 6210
and my Pismo. For as much as I currently use my toys.... Er, tools, so far,
IrDA has sufficed. :-)

That said, my next cell phone purchase will be a BlueTooth capable phone,
and my next Powerbook will have blueTooth built in. At that time, I will be
_very_ interested in BlueTooth on my Newton, but until then, I'm stuck,
watching from the outside... :-( So, I follow Ekhart's progress with much
interest, but no possibility yet for input.

BTW, speaking of BlueTooth, on Nokia's web site, for my phone, the 6210,
Nokia claims my phone is something like BlueTooth ready, but not capable.
(or is it the other way around?) What does that mean? Is there some sort of
plug-in module I could get for this phone? If so, why hasn't my searching
for it found it? Just curious...

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland