Re: [NTLK] World in Figures extraction

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Wed Dec 17 2003 - 08:44:25 PST

-----Original Message-----
From: Humphreys, David (URB)
Date: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 8:25 AM
Subject: Re: [NTLK] World in Figures extraction

> Another way to copy it would be to dump it with some special
> code on the
> Newton or on a Linux box... I'd be curious what CIS info is
> encoded on a ROM
> card.

Put it in a PCMCIA slot.

Read the contents of the physical disk using WinHex.

Make an image.

Pour the image onto another card.

It should work.

I have used WinHex to recover crashed drives and badly formatted smartmedia
cards.(Anyone who has a Rio500 and a digital
camera will know what I mean!)

PCBman
Thanks PCBman, I looked up WinHex and found it in shareware form. But it is
more crippleware than shareware since all the features I need are disabled
unless I buy i (but I don't want to buy it unless I know it will work).
Any other ideas?

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html