Re: [NTLK] Airport Extreme breaks WaveLAN compatibility?

From: Brian Pearce (bpearce_at_cloud9.net)
Date: Fri Dec 19 2003 - 00:30:37 PST

> If anyone knows what's going on with this "Shared Key" business, and
> why
> WEP authentication would be different between Airport and Airport
> Extreme,
> please speak up.

This might have something to do with a new security method that Apple
has added to the AirPort Extreme (802.11g) products, called Wi-Fi
Protected Access, or WPA. (It's part of the Wi-Fi standard.) I remember
reading about it, but I don't know too many details.

Quick information is here
<http://wireless-starter-kit.com/updates.html>, and a longer article is
here <http://db.tidbits.com/getbits.acgi?tbart=07421>.

BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net