Re: [NTLK] Different Apple logo on a Newton

From: don porter (don.porter_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Dec 21 2003 - 18:55:44 PST

The story goes like this:

The 2k had the apple logo in a apple logo shaped hole. For the 2100 we were gorin to introduce it with the new newton inc logo instead of the apple. Parts were tooled and we were ready to go when steve sucked us back in. There was a desision to be made as to wether or not to change the mold for the top cover back to the apple logo. As money was tight and newton was on the decline we decided to leave the round logo and place an apple logo in the round button. It never looked right. We had a real problem getting the rotation correct.
 and the green paint to match.
There were a few Newtons made with the newton logo. I still have one or two. If you want, I can take a picture and send it somewhere. Is there a web master out there that has room for it?

Ex-newtoian.