Re: [NTLK] OT: Shipping options to UK

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Tue Dec 23 2003 - 09:14:04 PST

On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 02:39:45PM +0000, Russ Bravo wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Quick off-topic question: what's the most reasonable shipping option to the
> UK from the US for light items like memory chips? I've just bought a couple
> off eBay for my iBook and the seller's telling me the most economical option
> is Airborne Parcel Post at 22.60 (dollars). That sounds pricey to me, unless
> the memory chips are wrapped in a brick ...
>
> Anybody say otherwise? Sending the same items from UK to the US would cost
> me about nine dollars, tops - and it would take a week or less.

Seconding what Woody said, usps.com site will if you're willing to see
it in 4 business days instead of 2, the price drops from about US$20 to
about $5 for something that's the weight of memory modules in
bubblepaper.

--
"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What!
You too?  I thought I was the only one!'"