Re: [NTLK] Wireless in NYC

From: L A GREEN (lagoff11_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 24 2003 - 15:31:58 PST

I HAVENT tried the wireless thing just yet. one of my plans for the newt year. maybe after i do we can all have a nug meeting in the park.

happy and healthy holidays to all,

LAG

Eric Schneck <eschneck_at_mindspring.com> wrote:
I've gotten my Orinoco card working on my Newt at home. It was actually
easier to set up the Newton than the Mac.

Now I'm trying to connect to some of the free wireless hot spots in NYC.
I've tried Bryant Park, Union Square Park, City Hall Park, and Battery Park,
all without success. I think I am using the correct SSID's

http://lists.nycwireless.net/pipermail/nycwireless/2003-July/007265.html

Has anyone had any success with these locations?