[NTLK] Transferring a PKG to a MP2100 through a MP120

From: Gareth S. Long (gatch_at_ntlworld.com)
Date: Sat Dec 27 2003 - 09:21:56 PST

Hi guys,

I have a predicament and I'm hoping you guys will be able to help :-)

After having an OMP (1.04 software) since 1993, I recently got bitten by
the Newton bug again and got hold of a MP120 (running 1.3) and a MP2100
(running 2.1). I also have a serial connection cable for the MP120, and
a 4Mb FLASH card.

I also have an EtherLink III (3C589D) PCMCIA LAN card - which I believe
I'll be able to use with the 2100 once I get the NIE 2.0 and 3Com patch
installed.

This is my problem - I don't have a means of directly connecting to the
MP2100, unless there's a means of communicating with it via my laptop's
IrDA port, or indirectly going through the MP120 or managing to get the
software on the FLASH card somehow.

Can anyone think of a way I can install NIE 2.0 on the 2100 via some
combination of communication software on the PC/software running on the
MP120/use of the FLASH card etc?

Please excuse my newbie and somewhat strange question. You all seem like
a nice bunch and I'm sure one of you will be able to help :-)

Cheers,

Gareth

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html