Re: [NTLK] File transfer Via WiFi OS X Only

From: Garrett Murray (newton_at_maniacalrage.net)
Date: Tue Dec 30 2003 - 09:51:35 PST

> I use NewtSync with the TextSync plugin to synchronise my MP2000U.
> You can hget newtsync on : http://www.everchanging.com/
> The plugin at : http://homepage.mac.com/nowhereman77/hacks/

That sounded fine until I read this about TextSync:

"There are still two obstacles to overcome here. Currently, nSync
(0.3m) throws an exception when getting a note from the Newt that has
parentheses in it. Also, for some reason, creating notes on the Newt of
more than about 450 characters tends to hang the sync."

Which kind of causes problems for me since I plan to use this to move
HTML files back and forth which will no doubt be over 450 characters
and will probably contain some parentheses.

Any other ideas?

Right now I'm trying NewtFTP and while slow, it does work. I would just
like a less round-about option...

TIA,
garrett

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html