Re: [NTLK] RE. Newton Power Adapter

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sun Feb 02 2003 - 07:27:23 PST

on 2/2/03 2:28 AM, OD Sturm (office) at graphics_at_olesturm.com wrote:

> I own a Newton MessagePad 130 but do not have a power adapter. I was
> wondering whether anyone on this list knows where I can order "The Newton
> Power Adapter and the NiMH battery pack" (in Australia if at all possible).
    You don't want an "NiMH battery pack" for an MP130. It uses an NiCD
battery pack. But the chances of finding one that still works is pretty
slim. You can make one yourself that will charge in the Newton once you get
the power adapter.
    You can use NiMH cells in the 130, but DO NOT try to charge them in the
130, charge them in an external charger.

Peter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html