[NTLK] Jaggies R or L? (Was: Best way to fix jaggies?)

From: Doug Parker (dougparker_at_progressdata.com)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 13:10:43 PST

>> then rotated the screen so that the latch side is up. This
>> keeps me from resting my hand and causing the dreaded JAGGIES FROM
>> HELL!! When a problem begins to arise I just stick the tip of the
>> stylus under the lip of the case and pry it up, ever so lightly.
>
>Since I've been through more Newton's than I care to count (a;most equaling
>the total of Woo) and never had the jaggies on any of them it always kept
me
>wondering.
>
>Now this part about the resting of the hand/pressure...

What gets me is that when I do get jaggies, the ink always--ALWAYS--traces
to the left of my stylus--never to the right-hand side of the stylus. If
jaggies are being caused by pressure from the case on the right edge of the
screen, touching the right-hand side would move the ink to the RIGHT, not
the left.

Also, I get jaggies when I don't touch the case at all with my right hand,
but lightly touch the case with a finger on my left hand--that's what makes
me think it's partly voltage/chassis ground related.

     Email me offlist (dougparker_at_progressdata.com) and I'll summarize to
the list:

What's the list's experience on this--when you get jaggies does your ink
trail off to the left or right?

Anyone for up and down?

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html