Re: [NTLK] Poor, Ailing Newt 130 (long)

From: Elizabeth Price (newton_at_rainbowapple.com)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 19:53:09 PST

Hmm. That sounds more like it might have been left in diagnostic mode?
There's a KB doc on that which refers to the 100... maybe it's the same
across models (I've read all the docs I can find on Newtons & clocks in
my search for an answer:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=14980 ). Thanks for
answering, though. I don't think it's a calibration problem because
it's not consistent enough like a 2:1 ratio.

I wonder if anybody knows what "part" of the Newt controls the date &
time? Like, the ROM or the main board or...???? I don't even know what
parts are IN a Newt since I haven't taken mine apart (yet).

Thanks for responding. :-)

-Elizabeth

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html