Re: [NTLK] [NTLK]

From: Hans Derycke (hans_at_derycke.com)
Date: Fri Feb 07 2003 - 12:32:11 PST

On Friday, February 7, 2003, at 01:21 PM, Martin Joseph wrote:

> You do not need NIE at all to use a modem.

Well, I have NIE installed anyway, and it works via my WiFi card, so
this point is rather moot.

> I'm going to guess that the modem in question is a goddam winmodem,
> pardon my language.

As a matter of fact, it does say "56K WinModem(tm) PC Card with XJACK
Connector". Maybe I should saunter on over to CompUSA and plug in PC
Card modems until I stumble onto one that makes my Newt say "a
communications card has been inserted".

--
Hans Derycke
E pur si muove