Re: [NTLK] Newton wireless pt100

From: John Skinner (john_at_johnskinner.net)
Date: Fri Feb 07 2003 - 15:35:35 PST

On 2/6/03 6:32 PM, "Don" <don_at_dcphotos.com> wrote:

> Greetings all,
> My question, I would like to wirelessly access my Apple Network Server
> (running AIX 4.1.5) with PT100 wirelessly with my Newton.
> I have two wavelan silver cards, a powerbook 5300 and a lot of time.
> I downloaded IPNetRouter as from as far as I can tell I will need it.
> I did back-up the Newton wirelessly with the powerbook...very cool.
> TIA,
> Don

Hey Don,

Don't use IPNetRouter. Instead use Apple's Airport software and setup a
"Software Basestation" with the software on the PowerBook. This will make
your PowerBook act like a BaseStation bridge from your wireless network, to
your wired network. Then if you have your Apple Network Server configured to
accept telnet connections, you would be able to telnet into it from your
Newton! Wirelessly!

Hope this helps.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html