[NTLK] Yet another Wireless Connection problem

From: Chris Lang (clang_at_power-soft.net)
Date: Fri Feb 07 2003 - 19:35:42 PST

I hate to ask this because it has probably has been discussed before
but.....

I am having problems getting my wireless network card to connect to my
office network. Here is the setup -

Newton -
MP2100 with Orinoco Gold Card
All the necessary NIE packages
Wave LAN Driver 1.06 (registered) set to infrastructure mode

Office
Linksys WAP 11-CA V2.2 Access points
I had them turn off WEP for testing purposes.

When using DCHP nothing (just a DCHP error), when manually setting the
settings I get as far as a DNS error, any suggestions? The officer
network in Windows 2000.

FYI my office is in a Windows world, no chance on getting a Mac and an
Airport base station (yet!)

One thing I am curious about, the Orinoco Gold Card activate LED only
comes on when the send LED comes on, but when installed in a laptop, the
activate LED is always on, is this just a Newton thing?

Thanks,

Chris Lang

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html