Re: [NTLK] OSX TCP/IP Package Install help

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sun Feb 09 2003 - 11:21:02 PST

on 09/02/03 13:33, Robert Hoehn at rob_at_hoehn.com wrote:

> Anyone have any luck with this OSX TCP/IP package installer? The
> directions at:
>
> http://anrp.irulethe.net/newton/pkginstall-help
>
> say to just type "./PkgInstall-MacOSX /path/to/package". However, when
> I type this, I just get a "./PkgInstall-MacOSX: command not found". Is
> there something I'm missing? Thanks.

This is Unix stuff, so you need to make sure of a couple of things. First,
the './PkgInstall-MacOSX' is a command telling the OS you want to execute
the PkgInstall-MacOSX tool and the './' means in the current directory. So,
make sure that if you issue that exact command, your current directory is
the directory where the tool is, or you will have to type the path to the
tool, i.e. '/usr/bin/PkgInstall-MacOSX /path/to/package' or whatever the
directory where that tool is. Second, you might have this error if the tool
isn't executable. Do a 'chmod 777 PkgInstall-MacOSX' and that should take
care of it.

-Laurent.

dinosaur n.: 1. Any hardware requiring raised flooring and special power.
Used especially of old minis and mainframes, in contrast with newer
microprocessor-based machines. In a famous quote from the 1988 Unix EXPO,
Bill Joy compared the liquid-cooled mainframe in the massive IBM display
with a grazing dinosaur "with a truck outside pumping its bodily fluids
through it". IBM was not amused. Compare big iron; see also mainframe. 2.
[IBM] A very conservative user; a zipperhead.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html