Re: [NTLK] Proxim Orinco Silver 802.11B

From: Darrell Greenwood (lists1_at_telus.net)
Date: Sun Feb 09 2003 - 19:58:20 PST

On 2/9/03 at 9:22 PM -0600, David Golden wrote the following :

>I am looking at purchasing an Orinco Silver card for my MP2100. Based
>on what I have read here, this card is compatible with the AirPort Base
>Station, right? Thanks.

FWIW, I am running a Lucent Technologies Orinoco Silver card, p/n
012938/C in my Newton 2100. It is working into a "Snow" Apple Base
Station.

Everything works, except I cannot run WEP and DHCP together (a driver
problem?). Either DHCP or WEP works but not both. One other minor
irritant, if the Newton is reset, the card is not recognized until it
is removed and reinserted.

Cheers,

Darrell

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html