[NTLK] is a driver needed to use US Robotics 56k modem?

From: France, David (CAG-FF) (David.France_at_CONAGRAFOODS.COM)
Date: Mon Feb 10 2003 - 07:59:38 PST

I just purchased a US Robotics 56k PC Modem Cards w/XJACK Connector 56kbps
Receive/33.6kbps Data/14.4kbps Fax, Model # XJ1560 from the folks at
MacEasy. My Newton MP2000u recognizes it as a communications card but cannot
connect with it or send a fax. I tried 2 different analog lines to send a
fax but get the message: "Faxing to John Doe failed. A communications
problem occurred. Connection may have been dropped.". I never heard a dial
tone even with the modem volume turned to full.

Is anyone out there using this modem with their MP2000/2100? Is a unique
driver needed? I have researched the FAQ and searched the web to no avail.

David

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html