Re: [NTLK] Utilities, Applications

From: Rhonda Hyslop (0x7ff00025_at_paradox.homeip.net)
Date: Mon Feb 10 2003 - 18:39:38 PST

* jstaub <jstaub_at_cox.net> [ 9 Feb 2003 08:03]:
> 1. NewtWorks (full suite)

I actually never use the word processor, but I like the spreadsheet. I
wasn't sure if I should admit I had one when I got permission to use my
newton in an open-notes final exam... (all my notes were on the newt)

> 2. At a Glance

I think this is part of MoreInfo - at least, I'm pretty sure that's what
installed it. I don't know if it comes separately.

And my additions: (had to peruse my "Extensions" folder for some of
these - they integrate so well I forget that they're 3rd party add-ons)

1. I++: extends the "i" menu so you can have quick access to more than
just "prefs". I don't know what I'd do without it.

2. Cliphoard: lets you put more than one item on the screen edge
clipboard. Configurable up to 8 I think. I quite regularly use 3 or 4
spots.

3. More Folders: nesting folders in every app to file your stuff in.

4. Speak Text/MacInTalk: this really freaks some people out, but I find
it very useful to have my newton speak the text of a meeting or todo
alarm right after the alarm sound itself. (Which, incidentally, I have
set to "bingely-bingely-beep!" ;-) Can you spot the reference?)

5. BigNotes: increases the size limit of notepad notes. I took my class
notes on my Newt, so this was essential.

-Rhonda

--
www.write-on.indy || write-on.homeip.net \/  http://history.ubcengineers.ca/
  Discuss the art and craft of writing   /\   UBC Engineers History Project