Re: [NTLK] Finding the mac address for an ethernet card on the Newton?

From: Walter Remson (w.remson_at_att.net)
Date: Sun Feb 16 2003 - 21:12:07 PST

The best way to obtain your MAC ("Hardware Address") from your 3COM card is
to install it again in your PB 1400 and click on the icon that shows-up on
your desktop. Next make sure that AppleTalk is active and that you are
using the card is active. After clicking on the icon for the 3COM a window
with the information about the card will appear on the desktop. Click of
the "INFO" and the next window you see a list of number for the Hardware
Address this will be your MAC address for the card you are using. I have
confirmed this with a WIFI card with a know MAC address (printed on the
back) and same address appeared in this window. I hope this helps :-)

Walter Remson

BTW, I recently posted a very easy way to connect your Newton to a Laptop
or Desktop Mac using two wireless cards. But I did not see any reponses
from anyone on the list. I thought this was a good idea based on all talk
about connecting via IRDA.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html