Re: [NTLK] Flash card question

From: Daniel Padilla (dproldan_at_telefonica.net)
Date: Mon Feb 17 2003 - 11:37:43 PST

You're right. At least in wintel machines, you can read Linear Flash card
after loading a driver, usually provided by Intel.

D.

?? I thought the PCMCIA format was specifically designed for flash memory,
as a simpler way to add memory to laptop computers? Modems and other things
only came later, I thought. Besides, I've heard of peopleformatting their
munged Newton cards in a PC or Mac, and that after doing that, they could be
reformatted in the Newton. Am I confused???

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html