Re: [NTLK] More Questions!!!!

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 13:05:23 PST

Quoting José Rosendo Ramírez Román <jose_rmz_at_hotmail.com>:

> Hello to everybody on the list...
>
> I was trying to send a beam from my newton to a T68i phone and I had the
> following error:
>
> Beam
>
> error -38052 Encountered

-38502 isn't listed in the Errors list, but -38XXX errors are Sharp IR-type
errors. This is the old IR system that the 1x0 models used, and is still
provided in the 2x00s for talking to old Newtons.

Your T68i doesn't support this protocol. Instead, you (probably) need an
IrOBEX transport. The only one available is from Smart Dog Software:

http://www.smartdogsw.com/backtalk/index.shtml

Eckhart Koppen is also working on a free IrOBEX/IrCOMM transport right now,
but it's not yet released (and his page about it seems down now:
http://40hz.org/mottek/)

> And I was wondering if anybody in the list has been able to do this: I
> want to use the T68i and the newton to send and receive email and faxes, and
> also to browse the internet, is it possible??? how???

It's not, yet. Eck's IrCOMM transport, if it is released, should allow you to
do this however. You'll just have to wait and see...

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html