Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V3 #98

From: Andrew Thiel (aothiel_at_unity.ncsu.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 17:38:11 PST

On Tuesday, February 18, 2003, at 05:09 PM, stevejobs_at_newtontalk.net
wrote:
> Try it with the last period removed.
> http://dev.newtontalk.net/~dpadilla/newtondose.htm

Has anyone else wondered about this?

"I got the keyboard working connected to the third serial port!"

I knew it had 2 serial ports, but 3?
Maybe it's just a typo.
But if not, this would be great when I need to type with my hands and my
feet while printing something out.

And since this has come up, I have another question: The second serial
port is somewhat different from the one we all know and love (I tried to
find the difference in the FAQ, but couldn't. It had something to do
with the CMOS... line level... thingy.

So what are the limitations? I've considered making a docking station,
but I was wondering if the second serial port was "worth it".
Is it?

-A

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html