[NTLK] Dates issues

From: Eric Byrne (ericbyrne_at_eircom.net)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 14:11:23 PST

Hello list,
today while using the find facility to search for entries in the dates app,
I encountered a couple of problems.
Searching for entries on a date in 1997, I was presented with an error
message, 48200 and other 48??? errors when retrying it a few times.
I have a Find enhancement installed called Find +, and found that freezing
that and resetting the unit stopped these errors occurring.
But now that the Newton could complete the find request, for a list of
entries in a date in 1997, the dates app opens in 2097 instead!
Searching for entries on any date in 1998 or 1999 results in the find slip
telling me that there are no entries on this date, when in fact there are!
Searching for text such as a name or number, however, is unaffected.
I thought that the Newt was y2k compliant, according to Apple.
Anyway, any comments appreciated,
Eric Byrne

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html