[NTLK] gport internal or Keyspan external best?

From: Peter Covell (p.f.covell_at_larc.nasa.gov)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 14:42:07 PST

Which would be better for connecting a Newton to a G4 running OS-X? A
gport serial connector that can be added in the modem slot or using a
Keyspan adapter? Or does it matter.

I had used the gport on my OS9 G3 and I never had any problems. Now I
am venturing into OS-X land with the G4 and need to get my Newton
working on it. I realize I would need to get the G4 gport as the G3
one won't work.

Also, I have tried to find posts that provide an "Idiot's Guide" to
getting the Newton to work in OS-X. The best post I have found is
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=newtontalk&m=104453710813152&w=2

If anyone can point to a better tutorial I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Pete

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html