Re: [NTLK] serial ports (eg #3) questions

From: David Holmes (dh_ntlk_at_delphys.net)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 19:15:50 PST

> serial (0), infrared(1), internal modem(3) and two PC Card slots. Using one
> or other is just a matter of changing a four character string, either by
> patching the package or hex editing it in a desktop.

Ah, okay these would be "Option Labels" ("aser", "mnps", "mods" etc.) from
the Prog. Guide or something else?

> The hardware isn't too complicated, there are serial port PC cards in
> the market, and channel number 3 only needs a serial driver chip to work

The hardware side I can deal with - it's all this messing around in c++ that
is hurting my brain :-) (...trying to make ethernet drivers work...)

Any serial PCMCIA people like or dislike?

> There's a function to register a desktop connection transport.
> RegDesktopConnTransport. :-)

So far the only reference I've found is the FastSerialConn pkg example
on UNNA but this seems to be exactly what I was looking for example-wise.

> just a matter of making the interface for it. But maybe the usual desktop
> programs can't handle the higher speeds.

True enough.

Thanks Daniel,
--d

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html