Re: [NTLK] Noisy Newton

From: edwardmccaughan (madscientist_at_macunlimited.net)
Date: Sun Feb 23 2003 - 16:29:25 PST

axtually, on that topic, has anyone noticed a low whine if they remove
the backlight completely?
i snipped the wires on my 2100 by aaccident and while im not 100% sure
it coincides with the backlight problem, it developed a low whine (less
than the backlight, but higher than the really low whine of a normal
newt with its backlight off).
it functions fine otherwise (apart from the fact its spent the last few
months dissasembled in a drawer until i get round to a variety of other
hacks to it)
fortunatly i havent put my backup newton under the screwdriver yet,so
im not too worried.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html