Re: [NTLK] dillo web browser

From: Rhonda Hyslop (0x7ff00025_at_paradox.homeip.net)
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 13:22:38 PST

* Karel Jansens <kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be> [25 Feb 2003 10:58]:
> And I agree that presently Dillo lacks features (although it does 'do'
> HTTP 1.1), but you must not forget that
>
> a) Dillo is very young and still a work in progress and
>
> b) Dillo is Open Source, meaning that it is more than likely that
> those features will be added (still, how one is supposed to get Java
> compatibility for a platform that doesn't have a full-fledged JRE is
> beyond me).

Wow, I wish I knew C. Or Newton programming. That might almost be
enough to get me to finally set up web access properly on my Newt :-)

I wonder though - it uses GTK+, how would that map to the newton's
display routines, which definitely aren't GTK+ or unixish in any way.

-Rhonda

--
www.write-on.indy || write-on.homeip.net \/  http://history.ubcengineers.ca/
  Discuss the art and craft of writing   /\   UBC Engineers History Project