Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Sync Names & Dates with Entourage Now!

From: John Del Pizzo (jrd_at_delcannsoftware.com)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 13:02:36 PST

> Subject: Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Sync Names & Dates with Entourage Now!
>
>> Finally, If you haven't tried it yet, Newtourage works wirelessly!
>> There's
>> even a new built-in tool to help those of us who have problems running
>> Appletalk under Classic.
>>

> Can anyone provide more details in regards to this?
>
> ...Ross...

Sure, Ross.

First of all, if you set Hiroshi's driver to use AppleTalk, you can connect
with Newtourage wirelessly. Works like a charm. (Actually, you can do the
same with NCU.)

I also had the problem that Appletalk was disabled under Classic/10.2.x when
I used a direct connection between the Newton and my Powerbook. Direct
connection was either an ethernet crossover cable or peer-to-peer wireless
network. The only way I could get Appletalk to work was to start the
connection from the Newton and repeatedly launch/quit NCU until it
recognized that Appletalk was available. This was less than optimal.

So I gave Newtourage a little "Scan" button. Basically, if Appletalk isn't
working under Classic (and everything is configured so it should) you can
start the connection from the Newton and hit the Scan button. Newtourage
will then start listening for Appletalk. Usually, after a few seconds, OS X
sees the traffic and activates everything. No more quitting and launching.

John

---
John Del Pizzo
DelCann Software