[NTLK] beaming EnRoute

From: Nancy Birnes (esperita_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 19:42:03 PST

Hello to the list! I am a brand-new Newton user, and so far, so
green ... but I am having one problem I can't solve. Hope someone can
help:

I have an eMate and a 2100 but no dongle, so when I want to reinstall
from the original CDs or from my iBook (OS 10.1.5), I transfer the
package to a zip (making sure to run it past "Packager" first to
repackage it), and then to an ancient 5300 cs which I hook up with the
serial cable to the eMate. Then I beam to the 2100.

Except for EnRoute Core. Once it's on the eMate, it snuggles into its
spot and I can't beam it and I can't make a cope of it. Is there any way
around this? Any way to trick the admittedly smart device?

I've checked the list archives, the FAQ, and tried renaming the package.
No dice. Help?

Thanks,
Nancy Birnes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html