Re: [NTLK] DELL ethernet card made by 3Com

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Wed Jan 01 2003 - 23:34:50 EST

Norman Palardy wrote:
> Well I no have this card + a 3Com 3c589C and neither of them works
>
> I used to get the "Newton cant recognize this card" error when I
> inserted either, but I went back and reinstalled all the missing bits
>
> Now, when I seat either card, no error, no notification, nothing

With 3Com cards, no notification means that the card was recognized. If you
insert it with the card or cable already attached, the green light should come
on for a second, then go off.

> But opening Internet setup does NOT give me the option to use ethernet

Do you have the "NIE Ethernet" package installed? Also check the versions of
all of your NIE packages and make sure they're all version 2.0. See this message:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=newtontalk&m=104032568231478&w=2