Re: [NTLK] Forum?

From: Daniel Padilla (dproldan_at_telefonica.net)
Date: Sat Jan 04 2003 - 11:37:07 EST

> I'm a fanatical Newton fan (and MP2000 owner), and I'm entirely new to
> this mailing list. As such, I don't suppose I should be critical, but
> I'm getting completely inundated with emails! Can someone explain why
> this enormous resource (exchange of information) wouldn't be better
> handled by a web forum? Forum and forum archives allow you to research
> information at your own pace, and you can easily follow discussions and
> follow-ups for each inquiry. This current "email" format won't
> personally work for me.

    You can try the current archive format.
http://www.newtontalk.net/archive/newtontalk.2003-01/

    I suppose you have to set the vacation flag to stop receiving messages
while still being allowed to answer a message or post new topics from there.
   It has worked very well for me when i'm on holidays and the only
conection method was an internet cafe computer.

D.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html